SLICLASER was started in October 2002 by Darla Johnston.
With the highest laser hair removal credentials attainable in Canada and the US, Darla is highly skilled and dedicated to assisting you with your personal situation. With more than 26,000 laser hair removal treatments completed, she has the experienced expertise that will ensure successful, permanent and realistic results in your laser procedure.
She always takes the time to make sure your questions are answered and ensure that your final decision is one that you’re comfortable with.
Darla is proud to offer her valued patients the following guarantees:
- Test Patch – to determine your eligibility as a recipient of this service.
- Confidentiality – LHR (laser hair removal) is a personal choice. Your personal hair removal needs will be kept strictly confidential.
Owner CEO, Lasertrologist & CLT
Darla’s experience with laser technology and light based hair removal systems date back to January 1998. She has trained with the leading professionals in the industry and holds the highest credentials attainable in Canada and internationally.
In 2003 Darla traveled to Naples, Florida to attend the only school in the world that offers a comprehensive training program that covered such topics as laser tissue, biology of hair, electricity and laser safety. This training has equipped Darla with all necessary requirements to safely and effectively treat her patients using state of the art laser technology.
In February 2007 Darla traveled to Dallas Texas to attend the (AMI) Aesthetic Medical Institute. She studied under the leading professionals in the field of Laser Facials, vascular lesions, and hyper-pigmented lesions and sun damaged skin. Her Training took her to the Mona Lisa Clinic of Dermatology, in Dallas providing her with many hours of clinical training in these procedures. Upon completing this training Ms. Johnston purchased the Elite system and is now proud to offer these procedures to her patients.
Nominations & Awards
- Winner of the Hector Jacques Award 2012
- Nominee “2010 Hector Jacques Award of Business Excellence”
- Nominee “Small Business of the Year”, Metro Halifax Chamber of Commerce February 2008
- Winner “Entrepreneur of the year”, Black Business Initiative 2007
- Nominee RBC’s National “2007 Canadian Woman Entrepreneur Award”
- Nominee RBC’s National “2006 Canadian Woman Entrepreneur Award” Finalist “Entrepreneur of the year”, Black Business Initiative 2006
- Finalist “New Business of the Year”, Metro Halifax Chamber of Commerce 2005